April 24, 2017
2. About SchoolHouse Connection. SHC is a non-profit organization in Washington, DC. Our mission is to promote educational success for children and youth experiencing homelessness, from birth through higher education.
3. Registering for our newsletter. We invite all users to sign up to receive SHC’s newsletter and legislative alerts. However, all content and services SHC offers are available to all users, regardless of whether they sign up to receive our newsletter or legislative alerts. From time to time we also may invite users to participate in polls, respond to surveys, or otherwise interact with the website. Whether or not you are registered for our newsletter, we may require you to provide your email address and/or city, state or zip code to participate in these features. These features may be governed by specific rules, which we will post for your review. By signing up for a particular feature, you become subject to the rules governing that feature. Again, all users can access all of the website’s content regardless of their participation in polls, surveys, or other features.
4. Intellectual Property and Links. All content posted on this website, including blogs and other content authored by individuals who are not members, contractors or employees of SHC, is the property of SHC and is protected by United States copyright laws. Users of SchoolHouseConnection.org agree to respect SHC’s copyright and agree not to use any materials obtained from this site without prominently crediting SchoolHouse Connection, as the source of the material. Any reproduction or distribution, except for personal, informational use, is a violation of our copyright. If you would like to make copies and/or distribute our materials, please contact us. Any resale of this information or use for commercial gain is prohibited, except in accordance with a licensing agreement with us. If you are uncertain whether a work is owned by SHC, please contact us.
SHC provide links to other websites and resources as a convenience. SHC does not own the content found at those links and has no control over those sites and resources. The inclusion or appearance of these links on our site does not indicate our approval or endorsement, and we hereby disclaim any and all liability that may arise from this third-party content. In addition, SHC has the right, but not the obligation to block links from or to our site at any time.
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that materials hosted by SHC infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send us a notice requesting that the material be removed, or access to it blocked. Notices and counter-notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA; see http://www.loc.gov/copyright/ for details. Notices and counter-notices with respect to SHC’s website should be sent to email@example.com.
6. Disclaimers. SHC’s website is provided “as is” without warranties of any kind, whether express, implied or statutory. You agree that you must evaluate and bear all risks associated with the use of the site, and any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness thereof. To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, SHC disclaims all warranties. Our website may include inadvertent inaccuracies or errors. Additionally, the possibility exists that a third party could make unauthorized alterations to our website, content or services. Although we attempt to ensure the integrity of our website, we make no guarantees as to its completeness or correctness. In the event that a situation arises in which our website’s completeness or correctness is in question, please contact us with, if possible, a description of the material to be checked and the location (URL) where such material can be found on the website, as well as information sufficient to enable us to contact you.
Regarding Financial and Legal Advice: The information on this site, including but not limited to reports, newsletters, articles, and opinions is provided for educational and informational purposes only. It is not intended to provide legal, accounting, or tax advice and should not be relied on in that respect. We suggest that you hire an attorney, accountant, and/or financial advisor to answer any financial or legal questions.
7. Jurisdictional Issues. The Site is controlled and operated by SHC from its principal office in the District of Columbia, U.S.A., and is not intended to subject SHC to the laws or jurisdiction of any other state, country or territory. Those who choose to access this website do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are solely responsible for complying with all local laws, rules, and regulations.
10. Limitation of Liability. Neither SHC nor any of our affiliates, directors, officers, employees or consultants are responsible or liable for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary, punitive or other damages under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other theory arising out of or relating in any way to this website and/or materials contained on the site, any linked site or any content or service available through the site. Your sole remedy for dissatisfaction with the site, content, services or any linked site is to stop your use of it.